Friday 20 July 2018

Journal from Kelly Li about the Bee Farm

Journal from Kelly Li

What an amazing day! Today, we just visited the bee farm after the daily lesson. Before we went to the bee farm, I was so nervous and I felt curious about the bees because I hadn't even been to a bee farm in the past. I was fearful whether the bees would sting me or not. I couldn't calm down myself and it seemed like I was getting crazy when I went into the bee farm.
Moreover, I learned many different facts about the bee. After visiting the bee farm, I know the beekeeper is a person who keeps honeybees and manages all the things about bees. They need to provide the hive and honeycomb for the bees to live inside and store the honey and eggs. There is a queen bee who is a single reproductive female in every hive. The queen just need to give birth to the baby bees for the bee family. I found that the royal jelly is for the queen only, the drone and the worker bees can't eat it. Although the worker bees are the most busiest ones in the bee family, they only have 15 seconds to take a break after they finished their work. I felt stunned about it and I can't believe that the worker bee who is always the most important part to collect the nectar from pollen or or plants, just has a little time for their break.
Moreover, I think that it's not fair for the worker bees because the drone doesn't have any work to do and they just mate with the queen. I felt startled about it.
Furthermore, we joined the picnic with our host family yesterday. They prepared all the food and things for us. I felt so warm about that because they're so nice and considerate for anything we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment